Live Scan service is not available at this time.
This page will be updated when this service resumes.
The Pacifica Police Department offers both ink and Live Scan fingerprinting services for pre-employment or licensing requirements.
Applicant Fingerprint Process
- Obtain and fill out the Applicant Submission Form (BCII8016)
- Call the Police Department at (650) 738-7335 to set up an appointment.
Live Scan and Ink roll services are done
by appointment only.
- Bring a valid photo ID with you to the appointment (i.e. Driver’s License or passport)
- Be prepared to pay the appropriate fees by Exact cash or check only.
$30.00 - City of Pacifica service fee always applies
$32.00 - * DOJ (Department of Justice) processing fee
$17.00 - * FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) processing fee
$15.00 - * Child Abuse Central Index Check
$19.00 - * Firearms Check
- Upon submission, the Technician will provide you with two copies of the Live Scan form (with the confirmation number known as the ATI number) or the 10-print card. It is the responsibility of the applicant to mail/hand the copies to the appropriate parties.
- The employer will be notified of the results by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- If you or your employer receive a rejection notice, please contact the police department and set up a re-submission appointment. Under these circumstances, please follow steps 1-6 and bring both your previous submission form along with the new submission form completely filled out.
- If you have not received your LIVESCAN response, you may call the Department of Justice 24-hour automated response line to check on the status of your submission at (916) 227-4557. Have your ATI number and birthdate available.