• Email
  • Print


Does the city have a lost & found?

Any property, whether lost or found, can be claimed from or turned into the Pacifica Police Department property room located within the police station.

Finders of lost property found in Pacifica should bring the lost items to the main counter at the station where they can fill out a finders affidavit form. Found property will be held for 90 days by the department in accordance with the law. If found property is not claimed after that time, the finder will become the owner of the property and will be able to pick it up upon notification by the property clerk.

Persons who have lost property can call the main business line with a description of the lost item and ask for the property clerk to determine if it has been turned in to the department. If said property has been recovered, the property clerk will set up an appointment with the owner for pick-up.

How can I file a police report?

The Pacifica Police Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and can accept citizen crime reports at any time. If you have an emergency please dial 911.

To report a crime in Pacifica, you can call the department on the non-emergency business line (650-738-7314) to have an officer sent to assist you and/or take a crime report. Alternately, you can come into the department where an officer will be called in to take your report.

Crimes must be reported in the city in which they have occurred.

How can I obtain a copy of a police report?

Click here for complete details go to the Request A Report page

How do I get back my property that was booked as evidence?

If your property has been booked as evidence, you may call the main business line between 8:00am and noon Monday through Friday and ask to speak with the property clerk, who can then advise you as to when your property will be released to you and how to go about picking it up.

Property will not  be released without a prior appointment. Property held as evidence will be released after the court adjudication papers are sent to the property clerk. The clerk will inform the owners by mail or telephone and an appointment will be set up for release.

Property room hours of operation are 8:00am-noon, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Please call the main business line and ask to speak to the property clerk with any questions or to make an appointment.

How do I obtain a clearance letter (local records check)?

Clearance letters are typically used for adoption, visa/passport or immigration purposes.

The applicant may come to the department with valid picture identification and complete an Application for Local Records Check form, available at the Records counter. A form must be completed by each person applying for a clearance letter. The charge for each letter is $20.00 (exact cash or check payable to "City of Pacifica"). These letters can be notarized at the request of the applicant. Please allow 2-5 days for processing a clearance letter.

I want to report graffiti

Please call the Code Enforcement Office for information.

Phone: 650-738-7343
Fax: 650-359-5807