In July 2014, the City Council adopted a Climate Action Plan (CAP). The CAP was designed to be a blueprint of the community’s response to the challenges posed by climate change. In addition to providing goals, the CAP lists measures to be implemented and actions that the City of Pacifica can take in order to achieve the goals. The City of Pacifica decided to take a leadership role and commit to reducing total community-wide emissions by 35 percent below 2005 levels by 2020, and 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050.
- 8/21/2018 - SunShares is a renewable energy program making it easier and more affordable for Bay Area residents to Go Solar or purchase an electric vehicle. SunShares offers discounts, free workshops and helps renters learn more about their clean energy options.
If you've ever thought about installing solar or buying an electric vehicle but don't know where to start, SunShares is here to help!
SunShares pools the buying power of participants to get discounted pricing from solar compnies and local dealerships.
Attend upcoming educational webinars about the program. The first one is next Thursday, August 30 and we can't wait!!
- Aug. 30 Noon - 1:00pm
- Sept. 20 Noon - 1:00pm
- Oct. 10 Noon - 1:00pm
For a full list of workshops scheduled to date and to find your EventBrite link, go to: http://www.bayareasunshares.org/events
To sign up for more information, please visit: www.bayareasunshares.org. Deal ends November 15th!
- 2/20/2018 - Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) is offering a funding opportunity to local nonprofits in San Mateo County. PCE is piloting an Outreach Small Grant Program to collaborate on informing local residents about savings on their electricity bills and continued eligibility for discount programs. PCE is looking to collaborate with a wide variety of local nonprofits, especially organizations working with low-income residents, seniors, customers eligible for Medical Baseline discounts, customers with low English language proficiency, residents of northern San Mateo County focusing on San Bruno, South San Francisco, Pacifica, and Daly City. Note the deadline to apply is March 9th, 2018. The application process is relatively simple, and we encourage you to apply. Please see complete information about this grant opportunity at https://www.peninsulacleanenergy.com/resources/small-grants. Feel free to reach out to Kirsten Andrews-Schwind, email@example.com with any questions.
- 10/23/2017 - 2017 CAP Implementation Report posted. The report will be presented to City Council at their regularly scheduled meeting on 10/23/2017. The release of the report commences a 30-day public comment period on the 2017 CAP Implementation Report. Written comments can be sent to Bonny O'Connor, Assistant Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Bonny O'Connor, City of Pacifica, 170 Santa Maria Ave., Pacifica, CA 94044. Comments are due on November 22, 2017.
- 9/11/2017 - Final reading ordinances to amend various sections of the Pacifica Municipal Code (TA-108-17 and TA-109-17), to establish regulations and a streamlined permitting process for electric vehicle charging spaces and electric vehicle charging stations.
No upcoming events at this time.
- Pacifica is part of Peninsula Clean Energy, San Mateo County's new electricity provider that offers a choice for electricity with higher renewable energy content than PG&E. In October 2016, accounts were automatically enrolled in Peninsula Clean Energy's default product - ECOplus - which offers a minimum of 50% renewable energy. Peninsula Clean Energy also offers a 100% renewable energy product called ECO100. Use the link above for more information or to opt-up to ECO100 or opt out of the program.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing programs operate in Pacifica. PACE programs help finance renewable energy and other home efficiency projects by allowing property owners to tack on th eproject costs to their property tax bills. Get more information from the following approved providers: HERO, Ygrene Works, and CSCDA OpenPACE. Additionally, ABAG has developed a matrix which helps compare the various providers.
- Energy Upgrade California Program is a statewide initiative whose sole mission is to ensure every Californian has the tools they need to keep moving towards a cleaner, healthier, more prosperous state through home energy efficiency and business energy efficiency. Their website provides tips on increasing Home Energy Efficiency as well as everyday energy saving actions.
- City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo's pilot program Carpool in San Mateo County! is incentivizing residents and commuters in San Mateo County to utilize the carpool networking application, Scoop. Drivers and riders will receive a $2 incentive per person for each trip that begins or ends in San Mateo County during the peak commute periods (5:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.), with a maximum of $4 per rider and driver each day. Use the link above for more information.
- Get rewarded to Try Transit. If you live or work in San Mateo County, or if your commute takes you through San Mateo County, you could be eligible for free tickets to try BART, SamTrans, Caltrain, or San Francisco Bay Ferry. Use the link above for more information.
- SamTrans provides bus service throughout San Mateo County and into parts of San Francisco and Palo Alto. Information regarding transit connections and timetables are available online.
- Plugshare provides a nationwide map of electric vehicle charging stations.
Solid Waste Resources
- Recology of the Coast has a helpful webpage to identify WhatBin to use for disposal of a specific item.
- Sustainable San Mateo County provides fact-based information on local trends impacting our economy, environment, and society. Current and past indicator reports are available at their website.
- For more information on the significant environmental impacts of consumption, please read United Nations Environment Programme Assessing the Environmental Impacts of Consumption and Production.
Please help us maintain this page. Contact us with new information that you are aware of or let us know if the provided information becomes out-of-date.