Welcome to the City of Pacifica’s Virtual Community Center!
The purpose of this page is to provide information, connect
you to our community, and give ideas to have fun at home while we shelter in
place. We are not endorsing or receiving funds for advertising any of the third
party sites or services listed or referenced on this page. If you have any great
resources you would like to share, please email us at email@example.com.
Bike to Wherever Days
sign up for Bike to Wherever Days at Love to Ride Bay Area to track your mileage & rides, have a chance to win prizes, and compete with individuals and teams! Get your friends to join and have even more fun! Also, stay tuned for details on Commute.org’s special BTWD promotion for San Mateo County.
The Challenge Format
Let's get as many Bay Area bicyclists to commit to riding as much as possible for the entire month of September. Through the platform, riders can track their rides, join a team, join groups & clubs, win virtual prizes, win real prizes (random drawings for those in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area), or just have fun. For competitive types, your team can compete against other teams and individuals can compete against each other as well.
Overview – Bike To Wherever Days – September 2020
- Start a team or join an existing team (or you can ride solo, but it’s more fun with some friends!)
- Teams can have up to 10 riders.
- Teams can be composed of anyone -- colleagues, friends, family, etc.
- Each individual and team will earn points as pictured below. The more points you earn by riding and by encouraging others to ride, the higher up the leaderboard you’ll go!
- There will be a leaderboard of all teams ranked by points earned. You can filter this leaderboard by county and by company size (if your team is associated with your employer).
- It is ok for a few team members to be from outside the Bay Area (we know that many of us are working remotely) however only individuals in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area are eligible for the individual random drawings for physical prizes.
How to Take Part
- Register on the website (or log in if you've registered on Love to Ride before)
- Create a team or join an existing team
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime, during the month-long Challenge.
- Record your rides on the website (or via an app) to earn points
- Recruit your colleagues and friends to ride and join in too.
- Competition winners are rewarded with just the glory of recognition and being immortalized on our website. Physical prizes are awarded randomly during the month of September to participants who are in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area.
How to Earn Points
You earn points by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride.
Team points are the sum of all of the individual team members’ points.
The points system has been carefully developed, tried and tested, over the last 4 years to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to secure victory.
For more information visit https://www.lovetoride.net/bayarea/pages/info?locale=en-US
Fitness for Seniors
American Line Dancing: https://www.youtube.com/LDVALI
Yoga with Judy Orloff: https://www.cityofpacifica.org/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?t=71205.23&BlobID=16745
Zumba Chair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQKQBqOL1c
Fitness Blender: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos
Virtual Museum Tours:
Free Online Games:
Fitness for Adults
Fitness for Children
Arts and Crafts
Heath and Wellness
City of Pacifica’s dedicated page to
Meals on Wheels and Grab and Go
Lunches for seniors
Up to date CDC information
San Mateo County Health Dept.
Pacifica School District (elementary)
Jefferson Union High School District
Connect with Pacifica (automatic
updates and other information)
Pacifica Chamber of Commerce